Saturday, October 24, 2015

First pumpkin patch!


Earlier this week the three of us went to our first pumpkin patch! Every year I've seen pictures of people going and I was always a little envious. Last year we could have gone, but we didn't, and the previous 6 years...well, were in Alaska...nuff said. Plus, I think it's more fun when you have a little one. So let's just say I was pretty excited enough for the three of us to be going this year. Steven could have just picked a pumpkin from any ol' store, or could have gone without a pumpkin for that matter, so he was a nice husband and put a smile on his face for me! And I did make him truly smile when we got there and I kind of squealed like a little kid (yep).
Ellie was intrigued and happy to be around so many people and activity. That girl is stimulated easy with all that goes on around her.
First on the agenda was the corn maze! Steven has been to both a normal and haunted maze (no thank you!), but I had never been and find them crafty. It wasn't no hedge maze, like in the Goblet of Fire (all you Harry Potter fans know what I'm talking about), but it was fun none the less ; ). The little miss really enjoyed being on daddy's shoulders, laughing and smiling lots.
Next, the pumpkin patch! We hopped on the hay ride and had the wind in our hair - literally. The temps are starting to cool down, but we had Ellie bundled in her jacket and wrapped in her daddy's arms. She was mesmerized by the corn stalks we passed and then the several different pumpkin patches. When we got off the ride I wanted to find a little pumpkin for Ellie first. Once we found a good one we let her hold it and she was looking like, what is this thing? This is what you were so excited about mom? Ha. And it was a little hard to get her to smile for the camera because she was so focused on the pumpkins and surroundings. She wanted to walk around, play and sit on the ground with anything and everything there was in reach. We love watching her take in the world around her and it's only going to get better.
I would say our first visit was a success and I hope to make it an annual tradition!







 
















No comments :

Post a Comment