Thursday, February 1, 2018

January photo favorites

The start to a new year. There are going to be many firsts this year with Paige and as a family of 4. I still can't believe that; a family of FOUR! I'm holding onto my family a little tighter and thinking about relationships with everyone a little more than normal. Now, I don't want to bring you down and sadden you with the following news...this month brought an unexpected event; my dad passed away. We've been estranged, for a lack of a better word, for many years, with some letters and cards exchanged in the last few. However, in the last few months I was finally going to give him a call and try to reconnect. Well, the phone call was never made a priority. I missed many opportunities. After receiving the news of his passing it brought many emotions. Many of those emotions have been hard ones, though there have been some good ones. Throughout all this I have been even more grateful for my husband, Steven. He has stepped up in many many ways during this time, taking on more duties than me even. I've been in contact with my older half sister (my father was married before he was with my mom and had my sister Michelle) more than I have in awhile and I'm grateful for that as well. I've been in more prayer about life and relationships than normal. So though it has been a super hard event to be presented with, I have been shown so much love and support - near and far. I hope to better myself and relationships this year. And, I am made to think of what I want to leave behind. I want to leave a better legacy behind than I ever thought of before.
Amongst all the tasks and difficult times, I'm glad the following pictures were captured, so I can also remember the moments that made us smile and fill our joy bucket!


 I love that one of my best friends is a mom and we get to do mom life together! 
These girls are going to besties!



^ "I'm the great stone dragon!" -Ellie ...if you have seen the movie Mulan, then that line/scene with Mushu should come to you. We had just watched that movie this morning and Steven and I busted up laughing when Ellie did this. 

^ I believe this was baby Lily's first church service! Almost a couple weeks old!

^ Reaching with all she has to get whatever she wants, before she attempts to crawl


The simple joys of a cardboard box/makeshift bed brought to you all by Ellie


^ Steven preached! It was another proud wife moment for sure. I love this man and his willing heart to serve and also get out of his comfort zone ; )

^ Went to a place called Planet Kid. Hadn't been in awhile, but Ellie LOVED it! 

^ Mommy-daughter time at the mall. Met up with some friends for a walk, played in the 'tot lot' and then got some pretzels.


Ellie loves this ballerina shirt (it reigned in her wardrobe this month) and being silly. 




^ Ellie wanted a bear family to be made along with their own pillow and blanket : )

^ 1/25...Paige was working on her crawling and doing really well at it! I would say we officially have a crawler on our hands!

^ Ellie trying to "help" Paige crawl and encourage her along. She's not always involved with the cheering on, but when she does, my mama heart swells with pride for these girls even more. 

^ She picked out her Belle dress and the matching crown and shoes. 














No comments :

Post a Comment