Thursday, June 6, 2019

May photo favorites


More and more sunshine! We have loved soaking it up when we can!

^ Ellie's school had a field trip to the zoo and us girls had a great time. Ellie definitely didn't last long with each animal though; she wanted to move on quickly.

^ Our big girl had her dance recital! She goes on stage so bravely and it's such a joy watching her light up while doing that. After it was all done she told me she wants to do it again! 

^ Hikes can be a little bit challenging with antsy kids (and no dads to help out), but we do it anyways and I'm grateful for friends who love getting out with us! 

The next bit of photos is from our Oregon trip. My stepdad helped plan a surprise 60th birthday for my mom and one of the surprises was us girls coming to celebrate as well. 


The girls were such troopers and did great sleeping in unfamiliar places. 
I love snapping a picture of them asleep. 


^ We surprised my mom good - she had NO IDEA! 

^ Paige can take a while to warm up to people, but she was giving cuddles so nicely to the family! 


Also, I loved getting to hang out with my cousin Brandon and his family (his son is pictured below). Brandon has been like a brother to me my whole life and I cherish the time we can spend together. 



^ Four generations of ladies - with my Grandma Harriet and mom Marlene.

^ About to say goodbye at the airport. It was a short but sweet trip. 

^ Steven helping Ellie make a raft to go down the river.

^ Women's brunch at church and it was encouraged to wear a hat!

^ Steven and his fort-making skills on display once again! I enjoy seeing how creative he can get!

^ Ellie had her Preschool Promotion Program! 
I want to note that Ellie's naps have been a little rough lately. We've been trying to figure out how many days in a row she should have one and how long they should be, because for three days in a row she wouldn't nap, but would desperately need one on the fourth day. And some days her moods would be all over the place and emotional about things that wouldn't normally bother her because she wasn't getting the sleep she actually needed. So, all that to say, after Ellie got on stage for her program and saw me she started crying and wanted to be with me. Her teacher brought her down to me and I sat and talked with her. She calmed down pretty fast after just needing a moment off the stage with me. She couldn't really hear all the kids and their singing and wanted to go back up there, and so she did and she did great! 

^ Oh you know, just some random posing with the mannequins Ellie initiated.  


^ Ellie has been wanting cuddles more often and I LOVE it. Paige, on the other hand, doesn't always appreciate Ellie's cuddles (photo below).



^ Girls night! Dinner and movie Aladdin, which didn't disappoint at all!

^ Captured the girls being sweet - holding hands! 

But, note Paige's foot on Ellie's car seat there...that is almost ALWAYS bothering Ellie and Paige puts her stubbornness in action and it takes much effort for her to remove it. We are constantly hearing Ellie ask (also whine to) Paige to take her foot off, please! 


These girls wanted a little photo session with dad one morning. 



















No comments :

Post a Comment