Monday, August 18, 2014

Anniversary #6

Saturday was Steven and I's 6 year wedding anniversary! It was a wonderful day shared with some friends, too. The day started with us going to the Capital City Public Market, Downtown Boise. There were blocks and blocks of vendors with fresh produce, pottery, artwork, drinks, etc. I wanted to eat and drink pretty much all the food and beverages...no one would guess I was pregnant, ha.

Then we met up with some friends to float the river. The temperature was perfect and we had an eight person raft that was round with a hole in the middle like a donut with a backrest on it. It was awesome! I wanted to take a picture of it, but of course forgot the camera (one of these days I will get better at capturing more moments and taking good quality ones, too). Floating was quite the adventure, because guiding such a huge circle raft isn't that easy, but it made for some great laughter and good memories!

For the evening Steven and I went out to dinner to Old Chicago, then dessert at The Melting Pot (one of our favorite places). We ate waaayy too much and I joked with Steven that I had two babies now, one real baby with the addition of a food baby. After all that, we headed to Wahooz Family Fun Center for miniature golf. The Melting Pot and miniature golf here is special to us because it is where we had our first date seven and a half years ago! I thought it would be fun to kind of recreate that day and it definitely made our anniversary extra special.

I love the moments Steven and I have experienced together, the memories we have made and all the ones we will make. There are many times when I think, how did I get so lucky with a guy like my husband. God has blessed me tremendously and I pray that I will always be a blessing back to Steven, being molded into the wife He wants me to be. Here's to 6 years of marriage and hopefully 60 more!

Every year we take a picture with the number representing the year we are on for our anniversary. This year it was hole number 6 on the miniature golf course we went to! 


No comments :

Post a Comment