Wednesday, October 29, 2014

25 weeks



This week I am going to do a little Q&A that lots of people tend to do for their pregnancy updates and I wanted to mix it up just a little today by doing one...

How far along are you?: 25 weeks and 1 day

Baby is: estimated to be about 9 inches and 1.5 lbs


Obsessing over: getting this little girls room together! Some of it is painted and the decor pieces are coming along!

Favorite moment this week: last week I had my routine appointment and the Dr. said I am the model pregnant lady! My weight gain is going as it should, belly is measuring good (and belly button isn't an outie just yet-getting quite close though), blood pressure is good, I still have ankles-haha, symptoms are very minimal, etc. etc. And this was such a wonderful thing to be told because of some thoughts I'd been struggling with (i.e. see the 'Working on' down below)


Feeling: lots of movement! She mostly moves when I am just sitting or laying down. Steven got to feel her for the first time recently and we were both so happy to share in that! 


Working on: not letting the enemy lower my self worth. I have been struggling with body image off and on...feeling round and awkward. Weight is being distributed to lots of places other than just my belly. And even though I know it's okay, I just felt...ugh. I know I am creating a human being, so I am constantly telling myself I'm very grateful for this gift not everyone gets. AND my body is doing amazing things...some things beyond my control-obviously. The enemy like to makes it's way into my thoughts though and try to smash my self esteem. I am being reassured by many around me that I am beautiful and most importantly I know I am. 

Thinking about: all the things we would like to get done/have before the baby comes (only about 3 more months-ahhh!). We are constantly crossing off and adding to our 'To-do/To-get' lists 

Anticipating: our maternity photos next week! I am pretty much ready for a photo any time, ha, but Steven on the other hand could pass on any photo opportunity. Thankfully he is being a wonderful husband and will take part in this with me (thank you Steven!!).

Currently craving: Chinese and Mexican food. There is a fabulous Chinese restaurant back in Alaska called Pagoda we miss a ton and it will be hard to find anything that compares, but I am on the hunt for anything close!


Wishing: that I could just snap my fingers and everything on our house we want to put up/change would be done! 


What are you most looking forward to?: so much! Mostly like I said already, our maternity photos and getting more things done on our house! 


4 comments :

  1. I can completely sympathize with the struggle to maintain a positive body image!! Being 32 weeks and only have a few to go I can tell you from my perspective it is tough! But what I do when I start getting down is just sit back and focus on his little feet and little arms and how amazing it is that there is a little boy growing inside me. It makes it a little easier to focus on him and less easy to focus on my own insecurities. On another note, I have loved reading about how you've been and I hope your little girls progress keeps going smoothly!! How are you enjoying your new home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kayla for all that! I am glad I'm not alone and I know that our bodies will only continue to change! I am so excited for you guys and hope these last few weeks go wonderfully for you (I hear the last few weeks can be the worst, too).
      We are really enjoying our house! It still amazes me we are home owners, ha. I have wanted a place to make more of our own though for quite some time, so it's fun to do what we want! Eventually I will post some before and after photos of it so people can see more of it!

      Delete
  2. Honestly although I am one tiny smidgen more uncomfortable because he is bigger, these last few weeks have been totally awesome. I can see him move all the time just looking at my belly and I can even see his hiccups. So in a way I could care less about being slightly more uncomfortable Haha and I am so happy to hear you're enjoying homeownership! It is such a blast making it your own little personal space :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe!! And that is a great attitude to have! I want to try and stay positive the whole way through. Plus, I don't want to be a complainer, when there's such a gift growing inside!

      Delete