Wednesday, October 15, 2014

23 weeks

                 During 22 weeks                                                      23 weeks




Hello to the 6th month! (Tuesdays are my turnaround days, but I can't seem to always post the new update then, but that's just an FYI for anyone that's wondering, ha.) About 17 weeks left to go, give or take of course. My due date is February 12th and I am going to try and do everything in my power to try and not to have her on Valentine's Day-if the 12th surpasses and she still hasn't come. But I know whatever is supposed to happen will happen. Ugh, control issues I have sometimes....

Baby girl is about the size of a papaya; 8 inches and 1.2 pounds. I forgot to mention in my 21 week post, baby was weighing 13 ounces for sure at my last scan! That was my last ultrasound, too, unless something seems wrong, or we decide to pay for a 3D ultrasound later on. I had been spoiled, because I have had an ultrasound at every appointment and not everyone gets that. So even though I have been able to see baby girl more than some get to see their baby, I am sad we probably won't get to see her anymore till birth. However, they will check fetal heartbeat and that is always a joy to hear!

I have officially felt baby move/kick/punch!!!!!! It is such a wonderful/amazing feeling! I've felt her several times throughout the day and mostly right when I am settling into bed for the night! Steven hasn't been able to feel her yet, but hopefully soon. According to my reading baby recently started swallowing the amniotic fluid, so I may start to feel her hiccup, too-I am curious how that will feel!

This week I have been getting things together for her room! The colors I have decided on are black and white with accents of gold, blush pink, mint and gray. Theme is kind of eclectic Paris. I have loved Paris since I was in high school. Over the years I have accumulated different decor pieces and wanted to incorporate that in a little girls room, now I get to! This week I also bought some maternity jeans and they are nice! My growing belly isn't allowing my pre-pregnancy jeans to fit comfortably anymore and more of my tops are being pushed to their limits, so I may have bought some more cute flowy ones. Feeling attractive will all these growing parts is important!

Time seems to be going fast-I can't believe it is mid October already. Fall is however my favorite season (I'm enjoying Pumpkin lattes as much as I can, too) and Christmas is right around the corner-my favorite holiday! Things are going right along and we are great!


No comments :

Post a Comment