Thursday, May 18, 2017

38 weeks



How far along?: 38 weeks

Movement: She feels sooo big in my tummy and it does seem like she's maxing out the space in there-which she basically is! ha. She's still not moving around a ton, but just enough to calm any uneasiness I may get. I love rubbing my belly though and knowing where she is - she presses her bum/back into my belly often!

Total weight gain/loss: Total weight gained is 23 pounds. Very glad I won't be exceeding the recommended weight this time around or even pushing the numbers.

Maternity clothes: For an early Mother's Day gift my husband got me a subscription to Le Tote Maternity! I have totally been enjoying getting a new box of clothes every week to wear, without having to actually buy more maternity pieces! Plus, you don't have to wash them - that's a plus...even though I don't mind that chore, just any less chores I need to do is nice right now as we prepare for baby girl's arrival!

Currently craving: Seafood, soda/any carbonated drinks, frozen yogurt, ice cream and strawberries

Anything make you sick or queasy?: Not really

Stretch marks: No new ones. And I don't know (without looking back at all my past bump updates), if I've mentioned, that on top of drinking lots of water, putting lotion/coconut oil on my belly at least twice a day, I exfoliate once a week as well...that can help with replenishing your skin and help in general.

Sleep: Usually during the first few hours of the night I get up several times to use the restroom and I can usually fall back asleep fairly fast. Then I get some good stretches of sleep the rest of the night, even though I need to use restroom more!

Feeling: Anxious for Paige's arrival. I've been having some progress; at 35 week appointment I was 1 cm, at 37 week appointment I was 2 cm and 50% effaced, but was still the same at my (semi-early) 38 week appointment . At the 37 week one my doctor told me to get my hospital bags ready. Mine and Paige's are done, minus some snacks I need get and those few misc items to throw in the last minute out the door. Steven's is pretty easy, so we're not too worried about his just yet.
Symptom wise: still get heartburn fairly often, menstrual like cramps, some Braxton hicks contractions and my ankles have shown some swelling by the end of the day. All in all I think I'm doing pretty good for being at the final stretch!

Working on/Thinking about: Getting the house clean! I usually try to keep the house clean and in order anyways, but "deep" cleaning is not my favorite. But if/when it's done I feel so much better, relaxed and ready...and for guests. My mom is coming at the end of May to help for a few weeks and then Steven's family, but I want to be ready for anything!

Favorite moment from this week: Getting everything in it's place and on the walls in Paige's room! Granted the doors on her closet doors/closet trim need fresh paint, the handles need to be put back on and some misc things need to be taken out of her closet, but that is ok! I love having it 99% ready; it's like we're ready to put a baby in there ; ). I loved getting all the clothes in the closet and drawers, too. I forget how tiny some newborn pieces are!

No comments :

Post a Comment