Tuesday, September 30, 2014

It's a......




Today we found out today we are officially having a GIRL!!!! That's right, this bundle of love that's growing and being molded in my belly is a girl. Everything is looking as it should and every time we get to see our baby it warms our hearts, making me also get teary eyed. We are beyond thrilled and can now officially start doing things for the nursery and most importantly try to pin down a name! We've had a boy named picked out forever, but the girl name has been a whole different story. Names I liked Steven didn't like, and vice versa. (We've talked about names since before we were even trying, because I knew it could be a process to agree on one and boy was I right.) Now, we think we have one picked but are going to give it some time and see how referring to the little miss by it feels and sounds (and if we just decide we don't like it in general). 

A little while after our appointment we went to the store and while we were passing the baby clothes I told Steven, "I REALLY want to buy some baby clothes now!!!!" Though, this last weekend I met up with some family and my sister in laws gave me a ton of my nieces clothes she's grown out of and I need to go through that FIRST, see what's in there, and THEN I can begin our shopping for our girl! 

I have felt a couple kicks...I think, but nothing too for sure. During my ultrasound we found out my placenta is anterior in my uterus, so that means it's in the front of my belly and is acting like a pillow, muffling the kicks. Any time though I, and Steven, could start to feel some actual kicks, which I am really excited for!

Every day is something to be grateful for and is so precious. I thank God for all He is doing in our lives; everything He has been teaching us. We are learning and opening our hearts and minds to how this next chapter will deepen our (Steven and I's) relationship with another, with our baby and especially the one who created us all. 


2 comments :

  1. I am so excited for you guys. What an amazing blessing from God. It sounds like you've had a really good pregnancy experience. Have you decided what sort of delivery you would like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, so far this pregnancy has been good! For delivery I definitely want to be at the hospital, just in case anything serious happens to baby and/or me. I also would like to see how far I can go without an epidural, but I am definitely not against getting one (I'm not sure how I'll be able to handle the pain or not, ha). Other than that, I haven't pinned down much.

      Delete