Friday, September 19, 2014

nineteen weeks

 
I have had every intention to start doing weekly photos and updates of the baby bump...but things have been a bit busy around here with getting things done for our new house!
I'll try to do at least every other week now. And I want to keep good record of these events too, it's such exciting stuff! 
From what my apps say, baby is around 6 inches, around the size of a mango/zucchini. Don't you just love the fruit comparisons? I find them interesting and entertaining to see what they come up with next.
My appetite hasn't increased (from it's already increased state) nor decreased so I'm trying to feed this baby good (eating 6 times a day) and as you can tell the bump has gotten bigger (and some other things up top and little below the belly keep getting bigger if you know what I mean and I am like, 'ookkkaayy, I have about 4/5 months left and can only imagine how much more they might grow-YIKES'!!!! Sorry if that's TMI, but for real?!)!!!! Twice this week strangers have said I have a cute bump and get all excited for us. At first it took me off guard because I know I have a baby growing in there, but on some days I still feel like I could just look really bloated/chubby-depending on what I'm wearing (and some people, after I tell them I am pregnant, say, 'Ok, I wasn't sure so I didn't want to say/ask). But of course I love the excitement and compliments from whoever! I've been able to make most of my clothes work and haven't bought any bigger clothes or maternity clothes. My sister in laws did give some of theirs, so I think I'll be able to hold back buying some of my own for awhile anyways. When I do feel the desire/need to get some I'm going to try to find pieces that I'll be able to wear post pregnancy-spending money on maternity stuff just gets me because even if we do have another baby they won't be worn a ton. Although I hear getting maternity pants is one thing I will probably want and I'm sure I'll grow out of mine with my growing mid section. We shall see how I feel down the road, but that's my thinking at the moment.
Last week one of Steven's coworkers gave us some gender neutral baby gear which was so sweet! We personally haven't bought any baby stuff and I feel the urge every time we pass anything baby. BUT on the 30th we have our BIG ultrasound and hopefully baby cooperates and we will find out the GENDER!!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm ready for it?!?! Steven is really looking forward to it, too and I love it when he shares his excitement and gives the bump some love. Thinking about the day(s) I will see him giving our newborn love overflows my heart even more and makes me get choked up (like as I write this).  So after we find out the gender there will definitely be some purchases made...though I'll try to not go too crazy ; ).
We are loving this time and look forward to sharing more with you along the way!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment