Saturday, December 24, 2016

17 weeks


How far along?: 17 weeks and 2 days

Movement?: There has been several questionable times where I'm pretty sure it was the baby. With Ellie I didn't for sure feel movement till week 22/23, due to an anterior placenta (it was muffling babies movement for a long time). It's very possible what I felt was baby, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Total weight gain/loss?: At my last appointment on the 13th, I had only gained 3 pounds all together so far. I started at the same weight I did as when I got pregnant with Ellie, and have gained weight at a much slower rate this time.

Currently craving: Mexican food! This one has stayed consistent the whole pregnancy. And a current thing is pretty much anything with peppermint. Then other food and drinks come and go.

Anything make you sick or queasy?: Coffee sounded so gross for the first month (and I drank it pretty much every day prior), now I'm loving it again (hello peppermint mochas). Cleaning/rinsing out tupperwear that was previously holding food- ugh!

Maternity clothes?: Only a couple shirts so far! Some of my pants are a little uncomfortable to be in while playing with Ellie on the floor or bending down however.

Belly button in or out?: It's been pushed out a little from it's previous state.

Stretch marks?: No new ones! The marks I got when pregnant with Ellie arrived mostly towards the end and have stayed around for the most part since, but lightened up a bit.

Obsessing over: Finding out the gender! January 19th can't come soon enough!

Sleep: I was an avid tummy and back sleeper, with side sleeping every once in awhile before pregnancy. Therefore, it was quite annoying when I needed to get in the habit of side sleeping and it would take me awhile to fall asleep or go back to sleep. Now, I'm back to instantly falling asleep. And I take a little nap often, while Ellie naps.

Feeling: I was sooo tired all the time during the first couple months, queasy off and on all day for no reason and had a ton of food aversions. But now, during second trimester I am relived of pretty much all those lame symptoms. Do have some hip aches/pains off and on (implementing yoga again into routine will hopefully relieve some). Feeling mostly grateful to be carrying this bundle of love.

Working on: Patience. There are so many things to be patient about...my next routine OB appointment, finding out the gender, decorating the nursery, and of course meeting this little thing!

Thinking about: How Ellie is going to adjust to a baby around. She loves her play babies and real babies, but it could be a whole new story living with a sibling.

Favorite moment from this week: Telling Ellie more about baby and how she's going to be a big sister. And of course making our baby announcement public. Feeling the love!


No comments :

Post a Comment