Friday, January 20, 2017

baby #2 is a...


We are beyond excited to welcome another GIRL to our family! She is measuring great and baby girl cooperated so well during the whole ultrasound exam. Everything they needed to look at and measure is wonderful. Our hearts melt every time we see our little baby on that screen and hear the heart beat.  She's such a mover/jabber so I'm really glad she didn't make the exam hard to get done and especially made it easy to see what gender she was!!!!! Steven was like, "Are you sure?!" when the technician first told us/showed us it was a girl. And she said, "Yes." We even looked several more times just to be sure ; ). She...oh we are so glad we can say that now! It's a girl. Another girl! I get choked up thinking about holding another daughter and seeing another precious life God helped us create.

There was probably only one person (my mom) who thought baby number 2 was most likely going to be a boy, everyone else was hoping for a girl! I had no idea or any intuition as to whether it was going to be a boy or a girl. However, on the night of October 4th, 2016 I had a dream we were going in for our 20 week anatomy scan and baby was in place right away to see the gender...it was a GIRL! After having that dream I still didn't have a feeling one way or the other. Though to be honest, the idea of having a boy kind of terrified me. It's just unknown territory. Seeing what our boy would look like would be wonderful, and bringing up a possible mama's boy would be sweet. I just know girl and even though she could be so different from Ellie, it's just a bit more on my radar, because hello, I'm a girl. 

Picturing Ellie with a baby sister makes us smile. She got super cute when I told her the baby in mommy's tummy is a girl; it's a baby sister. She responded with saying, "Excited!" She knows she going to be a big sister, but now it's even sweeter to say she's going to have a little sister.

No comments :

Post a Comment