Tuesday, January 13, 2015

36 weeks


Today marks 36 weeks and 4 days! I can't believe we have 3 weeks and 3 days left until our due date! And she could come even sooner than that! Oh my goodness we are excited! I'm always thinking about when we will see her for the first time, hold her, kiss her and love on her which makes us so ecstatic!

During this last week her movements have decreased and have changed in feeling-because she's running out of room in this belly of mine (even though it's HUGE! Ha. Every day I feel like I've grown more!). I'm so curious how small or big she's going to be at birth?! They say I'm measuring good still, but I haven't asked if that means she'll be of average size, can they tell, or what? At my next appointment that will be one of my questions. And speaking of appointments, they are every week now until delivery. At this week's appointment I was checked to see if there's been any change/progress. It's the same right now and that's okay, but they will be checking each week to see if there have been any changes. After 37 weeks is when they are really okay with me going into labor, though they would like to see me go to 40 weeks. I have however still been getting Braxton Hicks ever so often and also some cramping. Plus, this last Sunday I had more pelvis pressure/discomfort/pain then I had experienced yet (not crazy bad either), though it obviously didn't do anything. I'm wondering how things will happen and feel when it's the real deal?!?!

I have my lists made for the hospital bags and now I just need to get a couple more things and actually pack them! I also need to write up my birth plan. I'm hoping to go naturally, because I'm not a fan of the possible cons many of the pain management options have, but I'm not 100% against them either if need be.

Something I am really surprised about is my belly button staying flush with the rest of my belly...for the most part. I'm curious if it will pop out more during these last few weeks. One thing I'm proud about is the amount of stretch marks I've gotten, or should I say lack there of! I've gotten a few on each of the good ol' love handles, but that's it. I've been super diligent on putting on some sort of stretch mark lotion twice a day and sometimes more if I get itchy. I can't however wear my wedding ring anymore (and haven't been able to for a couple months now) thanks to some swelling. Gaining 30+ pounds is obviously changing my body in lots of places, too! I haven't been the greatest with working out and eating amazing at every meal, so now it's totally catching up on me (I surpassed the recommended 25-35 pound gain-age by one pound and still have 3 possible weeks to go....whoops). I'm motivated to work out though and am trying to do well with what I can do at this point and to try and eat better. I'm excited to get on a good meal plan and workout regime after delivery (but we shall see how that plays out when I'm actually living out a life with a newborn!!).

My emotions have been going crazy and I've cried happy tears and some sad tears during the last few weeks. Not being with any of our family during the holidays was a bit hard for me. But then being blessed with so much by friends and family near and far around this time has made me cry those happy tears. I love our little life and am especially glad to have a great husband to share this journey with.


2 comments :

  1. Kaitlin, the time is near it is. I have been wanting to comment for weeks now and just haven't had the time, sorry. One book was really helpful for me when I was pregnant with Abigail and wanting a natural labor. I would say it helped prepare me more for my three labors then any labor class because it was stories based on what I wanted to experience. Plus, because it wasn't a self help book, it was really fun to read. A lot of other mom's have since read it, and even Kevin Riley enjoyed it:-) It is called Baby Catcher: Chronicles of a Mondern Midwife by Peggy Vincent.

    And then there is the fact of your little girl yourself. I found after Abigail was born that I wish there had been more classes on parenting then the actual birth, ha ha. One book I found, and then later bought so I could keep it as a reference, was super helpful for answering the "is this ok/normal/supposed to happen/will she react to this" questions was The Baby Book by William Sears. I struggled with a lot of baby help books because they really actually make you feel like a crappy mom because they are all so idealistic. I found the book by Sears good because it did help but could be used as a reference instead of a strict plan.

    You and Steven are going to do great, I just thought I would share what helped me. Maybe your library would have them to look at. I actually found the Baby catcher by accident at our library when looking for baby name books years ago. I am so thankful I did.

    Put your feet up, relax, your body will take care of the rest! From emotions, to weight gain (I have gained and lost 60 pounds three times in the past 3 years you can do it:-) and preparations. Also, my one advice not related to a book - go on lots of dates!! It will be quite some time before you and Steven just get to be the two of you.

    Keep us updated, we are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the book suggestions and advice - I will definitely look into those books!
      Before we know it baby girl will be here and it will be such an amazing journey-parenthood!

      Delete