Tuesday, January 27, 2015

38 weeks

(bad lighting this week-sorry)
Can you believe my due date is in a week and a half?! I can! 38 weeks and 4 days today!
And it actually feels like my due date is sooner than the 6th! I'm not trying to rush it...it just feels like time is going fast and seems like the date is later. And for the last 5 days I have experienced lots of cramping off and on all day. Plus, I am 1.5cm and 50% effaced, so that makes her arrival seem even closer. I know I could stay this way for awhile...though I could go into labor any moment! How exciting it that?!?!?! The Dr. also informed us that her estimated prediction of Ellie's size is about 7.5 pounds (yikes!). We were surprised when she said that, because she could be in there awhile still and will only be getting bigger! It is only a guess so we shall see what she actually comes out to be! My weight gain however has come to a halt thank goodness! That can happen towards the end of pregnancy, I'm not sure why, but I'm not going to question. Total weight gain so far is at 38 pounds.

This past weekend Steven and I got sick-not cool! We are trying to take care of ourselves even more because I do not want either of us to be sick when I go into labor. We did get a tour of the hospital-labor and delivery last week. Steven does work there and he knows where to go, but I on the other hand did not. It was really nice in the end, for the both of us, to see and hear how the whole process goes and what they have to offer moms, babies and dads! (I have to say when we passed the nursery there were three newborns in there and I got all choked up-they were sooooo precious!)

Sleep is quite hard these days. No matter how tired I am at night it can take awhile to fall asleep, then I get up every hour to pee and I wake up pretty much every time I need to change position. Thankfully I can nap pretty much whenever, so that's a very nice thing. This lack of sleep is kind of prep for when baby girl is here, too...those midnight feedings, changings and all! Ellie moves around fairly often still (during all hours of the day and night) and sometimes my belly is so oddly shaped-so funny looking.

I'm still nesting pretty good. I did go through her clothes in the drawer again and refolded them. I even ironed a lot of her clothes that are hanging in the closet...which may have been wrinkled a very tiny bit or a lot. Ha. My energy level goes down often though, so even if I want to clean like crazy, sometimes I get wiped out fast or I'm too lazy to do it. I see people freezing a bunch of meals before baby comes to make it easy after they come, but I personally have not gotten into that at all. I'm not a fan of cooking anyways, maybe one day-like after baby comes...I want to cook well to feed our family well! Steven and I have also been trying to get in lots of dates. Quality time is a big love language of mine anyways, but we want to relish these last days/weeks that will just be the two of us!

I've been reading a lot of birth stories. Usually by the end of them there are tears of joy running down my face. It is going to be such an amazing, special, unique experience for us and I pray for Ellie's story every day!


No comments :

Post a Comment