Saturday, January 10, 2015

baby girl Norris has a name

Way before Steven and I were even trying for a baby we have talked about names for our future children. And ever since I was a sophomore in high school I loved the name Khloe. I was glad Steven loved the name too and during the first couple years of our marriage that was the name we had picked out if we had a girl. Well...that name got a bit too popular for our preference, so we started talking about different names. We weren't too worried on settling right away on one and didn't talk about it that often (we weren't trying yet and who knew if we'd have a girl anyways). In the meantime we both came across the same boy name around the same time and loved it. So we were set if we were to have a boy first.
A couple years later we did get pregnant and started talking seriously about girl names. Names I liked, Steven didn't like and vice versa. I like kind of boyish names for girls and Steven likes girly names for a girl. It was quite a process to like any names we suggested to each other to say the least. One thing we did agree on right away was using both our sisters name for the middle name; Mishelle. My sister however spells it 'Michelle' and Steven's sister, 'Mishelle'. Therefore we needed to pick which spelling we liked better and his sister got the vote (sorry sis).
A couple weeks or so before we found out what our baby's gender was, Steven had a dream about us bringing home a little girl and her name was Elsie. He liked that name, but I wasn't a fan, so he thought of the name Ellie off of that. He loved it and I did, too.
Then a couple weeks later we officially found out we were expecting a girl!! So, we started referring to baby girl as Ellie. After awhile I wasn't really feeling that name anymore and tried throwing out some other ones. Well nothing was topping the list over Ellie for Steven. I had a hard time and was putting a lot of pressure on myself on finding a name I loved and getting Steven to love it also. We tried another name for a little bit, but it was weird referring to her as that and not Ellie anymore. Yes, we could wait till she is born and see how we feel, but Ellie became her name awhile ago and we are happy to officially say that's our baby girls name!


4 comments :

  1. I love the name!! We have been nervous about disclosing the name we have chosen for our little guy, mostly because we keep changing it (hahaha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is SO hard to decide on a name, because it's a big deal! ha. Are you going to stick with a 'K' at least?!

      Delete